Reformed Heritage Christian School was founded by parents who desired to provide their children with a quality education rooted in the Scriptures and that was intentionally aligned with the Reformed confessions. Spiritual growth of the students is one of our top priorities. Parents who give their children a Christian education that is consistent with what is taught in their home and church will see their children flourish spiritually.
Another priority of RHCS is to provide Christian education as affordably as possible. The school provides a sliding tuition scale for families with multiple children. Participating in our fundraisers also keeps tuition low for our families, and our hearts overflow with gratitude for those who give financially to the school.
The Old and New Testaments form the basis for all that we aim to do at our school. We stand intentionally on the interpretation of Scripture given us in our time-honored Confessions: The Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Canons of Dordt. These historic Reformed documents are important as the basis of our school.
We also identify six areas of distinctive emphasis
1. The Bible: It is God’s inspired, inerrant revelation. The nature of Biblical authority is divine; the extent of Biblical authority is total (2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. Creation: The Father created the universe and all creatures in six literal days from no pre-existing substance (Hebrews 11:3). Naturalistic and theistic evolutionary theories are rejected.
3. Antithesis: Since the fall, there have been two opposing spiritual forces laying claim to God’s creation. All areas of life in all their aspects belong to God and are to be brought under his redemptive Lordship.
4. The Covenant: God calls to Himself a people whom He saves, adopts them as His own children, and establishes a relationship of friendship with them. This covenant is for believers in Christ and their children. Therefore, Christian parents receive their children as a trust from the Lord (Acts 2:38-39, Mark 10:13-14).
5. Human Relationships: God created man in His own image. He created male and female. Thus, we reject egalitarian philosophies, which seek to remove God-ordained distinctions between parents and children, husband and wife, and male and female (Ephesians 6:1-4, Romans 1:24-27).
6. Schooling: The primary responsibility for education rests upon parents. The authority of the teacher is derived from the fact that s/he acts as representative of the parents (Deut 6).
The Reformed Heritage Christian School Association was formed in 1993 by parents who desired to provide their children with a quality education that was rooted in Scripture and the Reformed confessions. All of our teachers subscribe to Reformed beliefs.
RHCS is arranged in multi-grade classrooms with the exception of kindergarten. Our facilities feature eight classrooms, a computer lab, a multi-purpose room, a kitchen, and a library.
We are a growing educational community, yet students enjoy the individual attention they need with our low student-teacher ratio.
Students and staff are members of the following churches:
- Community Presbyterian Church
- Covenant United Reformed Church
- Kalamazoo Protestant Reformed Church
- Lighthouse Community Church
- Second Christian Reformed Church
- Trinity United Reformed Church
- Westwood Christian Reformed Church